National Society Colonial Dames of the XVII Century

California State Society

Members: login to view State Society information. Contact your chapter President for credentials.

Sites Marked

  

Crown Colony Chapter
1979 Escondido, Calif. A granite marker placed next to a Luíscano Indian Metate (grinding stone) at the Escondido Historical Museum.
1986 Coronado, Calif. A Bronze plaque placed in the Rose Garden at the Old Ferry Landing, Coronado, California. Boats were the main way to get to Coronado Island from San Diego, California until a bridge was built in 1969.
1991 Escondido, Calif. A Bronze plaque placed on the wall inside the School House at Escondido Heritage Park honoring deceased member, Joyce Malcolm, for her dedication to the Escondido Heritage Park.
1994 Coronado, Calif. A Bronze plaque was placed in the Hotel del Coronado to commemorate Thomas Edison’s installation of electricity there in 1894.
1996 San Diego, Calif. A Bronze plaque was presented to John and Allegra Ernst for their care and preservation of the “Long-Waterman Mansion” built in 1889 at the corner of First Avenue and Kalmie Street, San Diego.
2000 Carlsbad, Calif. A Bronze plaque was placed in September 2000 at “Ault Karlsbad,” a mineral spa built in 1862.
2004 San Diego, Calif. A Bronze plaque was placed on 13 May 2004 in the recessed entrance to the James Wood Croffroth home built in 1923 and located at 2775 Chatsworth Blvd at the corner of Homer St in Loma Portal, San Diego, California. Gladys J. Holt, owner, was recognized for her continuing preservation of this historic site.
2005 Escondido, Calif. A Bronze plaque placed March 24, 2006 on the restored 1886 Albert H. Beach Victorian Home previously owned by Natalee and Virgil Bergman in Escondido, California. Natalee was a Charter member and a past President of the Crown Colony Chapter. Mrs. Mary Johnston, President General attended.
 
Pocahontas Chapter
1989 Fresno, Calif. A marker was placed on the Dr. T.R. Meux house that was built in 1889. The house was occupied by the Meux family for over 80 years and is listed in the National Registry of Historic Places.
 
Sierra de Santa Lucia Chapter (disbanded)
2000 San Luis Obispo, Calif. An historical marker was placed on the famous “Octagon Barn” on November 11, 2000. The barn was built somewhere around the turn of the century and is one of only three left standing in the state of California.
 
Cape Ann Chapter
2002 Palm Springs, Calif. A Bronze plaque was placed November 22, 2002 on the Tie Downs/Hardstands used during World War II at Palm Springs Army Air Field.
2003 Chiraco Summit, Calif. A Bronze plaque was placed April 25, 2012 in front of the General George S. Patton Memorial Museum. The site was the training area for the training of soldiers in preparation for the terrain of North Africa.
 
Priscilla Alden Chapter
2016 Lincoln, Calif. On June 23, 2016 our Chapter marked the Lincoln Methodist Church with a bronze plaque. The Church was established in 1889 and has been open and serving the community ever since.
2004 Auburn, Calif. A Bronze plaque was placed on November 21, 2004 at the Pioneer United Methodist Church, first church in what would become Placer County, June1852 during the Gold Rush era.
 
Anne Bradstreet Chapter
2015 San Francisco, CalifA bronze plaque was placed on May 11 at Donaldina Cameron House to commemorate their faith-based support to Asian women and their families for over 135 years.
2006 Marinwood, CalifThe Old Dixie Schoolhouse is the oldest one-room schoolhouse in Marin County and has been in continuous use since its construction in 1864.
 
Lucretia Oldham Brewster Chapter
2000 Victorville, Calif. A grave marker was placed on November 4, 2000 for chapter member Gertrude “Trudie” L. Lee (Mrs. Ralph F.).
2006 Santa Ana, Calif. A grave marker was placed on March 9, 2006 at Santa Ana Cemetery for the chapter’s chartering president Miss Helen Elizabeth McCoy. She joined the National Society on July 2, 1952 and her state number was 73.
 
Plymouth Chapter
2006 Claremont, Calif. A grave marker was placed on May 24, 2006 at Oak Park Cemetery for Honorary State President and Past National Officer, Mrs. Helen Inza Rogers McKee (Mrs. Francis A.).
 
Roger Williams Chapter
2010 Riverside, Calif. A grave marker was placed on October 30, 2010 for chapter member Mrs. Edith Thomas Evans.
 
Valley of the Mist Chapter
2015 Winchester, Calif. A Bronze plaque was placed on April 12, 2015 marking the Winchester Community United Methodist Church.
2013 Lake Elsinore, Calif. A Bronze plaque was placed on February 24, 2013 at the First Christian Church, constructed in 1884. It is the oldest active church building
2010 Lake Elsinore, Calif. A Bronze plaque was placed on September 11, 2010 at the Crescent Bath House, constructed in 1887 by Frank Ferris.
 
Aquila Chase Chapter
2014 Santa Paula, Calif. A Bronze plaque was placed on October 12, 2014 at the Glen Tavern Inn.



National Society Colonial Dames XVII Century
1300 New Hampshire Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20036-1595
Phone: (202) 293-1700
Web Site: www.colonialdames17c.org